Anyone that knows me knows that although I’m a health nut, I’m a huge fan of eating plenty of healthy fats.
By doing so, it prevents me from eating sugar, junk food, or having low blood sugar.
I also find healthy fats to be a powerful secret weapon that prevents depression, disordered eating, and anxiety!
Over the years, I’ve learned to quit eating a low fat diet, and start incorporating these healthy fats into my nutritional lifestyle.
I hope you’ll try some, and be sure to let me know what are your favorite healthy fats!
There are far more healthy fats out there than olive oil, so read on to learn how to get these powerhouse foods into your diet ASAP.
1. Almonds and Almond Butter
Almonds and almond butter in their raw forms are some of my favorite sources of healthy fats.
They contain magnesium that calms you down, which also aids in muscle function, prevents or treats headaches, increases bone health and aids in nervous system functions.
Magnesium is also wonderful if you’re suffering low energy.
Almonds are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, which not only help to slim you down in the waistline especially, but are also excellent for your heart.
Almonds contain a nice crunch, plus fiber, protein and Vitamin E, which make them an all around power food.
They stabilize hunger, prevent blood sugar spikes, and prevent junk food cravings.
A handful in the afternoon makes a perfect pre-dinner snack to power you through the rest of your day and prevent overeating later.
- 13 Foods That Strengthen Your Nails and How to Add Them to Your Diet ...
- 7 Tips for Adding More Healthy Fat to Your Diet ...
- 7 Healthy Seeds to Add to Your Diet ...
- 7 Truths about Fat You Need to Know to Lose Weight on a Diet ...
- 7 Reasons to Add Variety to Your Diet Each Week ...
- 2️⃣2️⃣ Deliciously Healthy 🍎🍉🍒 and Budget-Friendly 💰💵 Meals 🍴 for Students ...