Nothing says summer like ice cream sundaes, so I think you’re going to like these recipes a whole bunch.
Whip them up to cap off a great summer barbecue or to surprise your kids on a hot summer afternoon.
I love ice cream sundaes and I hope you love these versions as much as I do.
Of course, as always, I love to hear your ideas too, so feel free to share your favorite sundae.
1. Caramel Apple Sundaes
There’s nothing I love more than the combination of caramel and apple, which makes this one of the best ice cream sundaes I’ve ever tasted.
This treat will satisfy your cravings for something sweet and it’s really easy to throw together.
3 apples, peeled cored and sliced
1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ¼ cups sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Calvados
1 ½ cups heavy cream
Cinnamon ice cream
Nuts and oats
Sprinkle the apples with the lemon juice and set aside.
Melt the butter over medium heat and dissolve the sugar in it.
This should take about 15 minutes.
Add the apples, their juice and the salt.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook about 10 minutes.
Add the Calvados and ½ cup cream.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cool by placing in a larger bowl of ice water.
Whisk the remaining cream until peaks form.
Layer equal amounts of the apples and the ice cream in a dish.
Top with the cream, oats and nuts.
- 9 Delicious Dairy-free Ice Cream Recipes to Cool off with Ease ...
- This is Why 📘 You Should Eat Tuna Fish 🐟 Regularly ☀️🌜 ...
- 41 Lip Smacking Types of Ice Cream to Cool You off This Summer ...
- Need to Cool off? 28 Ice Cream Cakes to Help You do It ...
- 19 Delicious Ice Cream Sundaes to Satisfy Any Sweet Craving ...
- 13 Easy Meals 🍴 to Make in a Mug for Girls 🙋🏿🙋🏼🙋🏽🙋🏻 Who Don't Eat a Lot 🍜🍲🍚 ...