When we think of sources of potassium, most of us call to mind a banana, and while that’s accurate — bananas are indeed an excellent source of potassium — they’re not the only source, or even the best source. Shocking, I know, but it’s true! Here are 8 surprising sources of potassium, which each contain more potassium per serving than the much talked-about banana.
1. Baked Potato
With 840 milligrams of potassium in one large baked potato (with the #skin), this humble vegetable has earned its top spot my list of the best (but surprising) sources of potassium. Bearing in mind that a baked potato with its skin contains only 160 #calories, you could even add a little dollop of butter and still have a very healthy pre-workout snack.
- 24 Yummy Creamy Soup Recipes to Warm You up This Winter ... 2801
- 30 Fruity Cocktails to Make Any Day Feel like Summertime ... 1904
- 26 Yummy Chocolate Truffles to Satisfy Any Craving ... 1422
- Wine Lovers: Get Your Hands on Some Delicious Wine Ice Cream! ... 983
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth with Fun, Festive Candy Cane Recipes ... 97