Pumpkin pie epitomises a traditional family thanksgiving table, just as much as the turkey does. This is a fact but nevertheless it is also a fact that never ceases to surprise me, I just can’t understand how the pumpkin pie tradition was ever allowed to evolve. Even though I am British, I love pumpkin and there are so many wonderful pumpkin based desserts that whoever decided that the pie would be the one to be served to every family on every thanksgiving must have being playing a cruel joke on future generations. And so ladies, because I know that I’m not the only person to feel this way, I’ve put together a list of 8 Temptingly Tasty Alternatives to that Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie (still using pumpkin) that you will be proud to serve your family and guests.
1. Pumpkin Bobs
This is a regional speciality from Pennsylvania, comprising of 2 pumpkin based cookies and vanilla cream, they are usually only stocked in the fall but are well worth buying if you can find them. Here’s a sneaky tip from somebody who may or may not have tried this trick. If you don’t tell the person eating the bob that you bought it, they’ll never know!
- 7 Scrumptious Scrambled Eggs Recipes ... 3476
- 7 Natural Ingredients to Enhance Your Health ... 3324
- 23 Classic French Desserts and Puddings and Sweets and Cakes ,.. Yum Yum ... 32010
- 7 Things to Cook for Your Boyfriend That He'll Love ... 3085
- 26 Tasty and Healthy Tilapia Recipes You Should Cook Tonight ... 3086