There's pretty much a holiday every single day of the year, but most of them you haven't heard of. If you're anything like me, you will use any reason to have a tasty snack and it turns out there are loads of holidays that celebrate food. Once you know what they are, you'll have a reason to eat something yummy any day of the year. Start with these tasty holidays.
1. January 15 is National Strawberry Ice Cream Day
Whether you eat yours in a bowl or snuggled between two cookies, don't let this day go by without a creamy helping of strawberry ice cream.
2. October 18 is National Chocolate Cupcake Day
If you ask me, any day is a good one for eating a chocolate cupcake, but don't let October 18 slip by without enjoying at least one.
3. August 13 is National Filet Mignon Day
Use August 13 as the perfect excuse to visit that pricey steakhouse you've been wanting to try.
4. April 12 is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
You can never go wrong with a grilled cheese sandwich! No matter what day of the year it is.
5. October 4 is National Taco Day
Tacos are everyone's favorite food, but October 4 is the perfect day to whip up a batch.
6. May 26 is National Blueberry Cheesecake Day
Save the date so you can enjoy the wonder that is blueberry cheesecake.
7. February 7 is National Fettucine Alfredo Day
If pasta is your favorite dinner, mark your calendar so you can have it for dinner tonight.
8. September 5 is National Cheese Pizza Day
Who could turn down pizza? Have a couple slices of gooey cheesy goodness today.
9. September 26 is National Pancake Day
Use this day as the perfect excuse to have pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
10. December 6 is National Gazpacho Day
If you've never had gazpacho, December 6 is the day to give it a try.
11. March 9 is National Meatball Day
Serve your pasta with meatballs today and you have a delicious reason to celebrate.
12. July 13 is National French Fry Day
This is probably my favorite holiday! Are you going to celebrate it this year?
13. June 22 is National Onion Ring Day
Like onions rings more than fries? There's a day for you to celebrate too!
14. November 6 is National Nachos Day
Nachos are the perfect way to celebrate any day, but today is the day to eat them in huge amounts.
15. April 29 is National Shrimp Scampi Day
Looking for a decadent meal? Mark August 29 as your day to enjoy shrimp scampi.
16. January 19 is National Popcorn Day
Carry a bag of popcorn with you everywhere today so that you can celebrate all day long.
17. October 12 is National Gumbo Day
If you've never had gumbo, mark October 12 on your calendar.
18. July 23 is National Hot Day Day
It makes sense that summertime is the perfect time to celebrate the beloved hot dog.
19. February 9 is National Bagels and Lox Day
There's nothing better on a bagel than lox so make sure you remember to celebrate the combo today.
20. November 14 is National Guacamole Day
Nothing is better for a celebration than chips and dips so serve guacamole on November 14.
21. May 28 is National Hamburger Day
Need another day to enjoy a burger? Here's one you'll want to celebrate every year.
Which of these days is marked on your calendar now? What other food themed holidays do you know about?