When you think salad, you probably don’t think about being full and satisfied.
However, done correctly, a salad is a great option for mealtime.
Choosing the right mix of ingredients offers you loads of nutrients and tons of energy without feeling hungry soon after.
Start with one of these giant salad recipes and you’ll see what I mean.
1. Skinny Chicken and Avocado Caesar Salad
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s low in calories, but the protein in the chicken and the healthy fats in the avocado satisfy your appetite for hours.
This will be your new favorite lunch after just one bite.
½ sliced ciabatta loaf
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons dried parsley
7 ounces bacon, cut into strips
2 sliced hard-boiled eggs
2 baby lettuce, washed and dried
1 sliced avocado
½ cup shaved Parmesan
2/3 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 finely chopped anchovy filets
Juice of ½ lemon
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to medium high.
Brush the bread slices with oil and bake until crispy.
Season the chicken with garlic powder, parsley and salt.
Grill over medium heat with a bit of olive oil until browned on both sides.
Add the bacon to the pan and cook until crispy.
Combine the yogurt, olive oil, garlic, anchovy, lemon juice and Parmesan in a small bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.
Toss the lettuce with the bacon, chicken, eggs, avocados, shaved Parmesan and bread.
Toss with the dressing and serve.
- 7 Healthy Salad Recipes That Act as Full Meals ...
- 10 Unconventional Salads for Girls Who Are Trying to Get Healthy 🍄 ...
- 7 Awesome Salad Recipes for Those Who Are Trying to Lose Weight ...
- 9 Sumptuous Summer Salad Recipes to Try Right Away ...
- 7 Potato Salad Recipes to Try Right Away ...
- 10 Delish 😋 Water Recipes 💦 for Girls Who Don't like It Plain 🍓 ...