I’m always looking for ways to make my comfort food staples healthier, and thus a little more guilt-free. So when I learned there were ways to make healthy pasta, I took notes. Pasta gets such a bad rap in most diet regimens, but if you know what to avoid, and what to add, there’s no reason even the most health-conscious #girl can’t enjoy it now and then. Here are 7 ways to make healthier pasta.
1. Go Whole Grain
I know what you’re thinking: pasta isn’t healthy because it’s loaded with dreaded carbs. Well, that’s not entirely true. We need carbs to survive — for example, fiber is a carb — but refined pastas are indeed loaded with “bad” fast-burning carbs. Simply making the switch to whole grain pastas can address that, adding fiber and other nutrition, providing a much slower-burning, healthier “burn.” The best part? You won’t be able to tell the difference in flavor or consistency.
- 24 Yummy Creamy Soup Recipes to Warm You up This Winter ... 2781
- 30 Fruity Cocktails to Make Any Day Feel like Summertime ... 1904
- 26 Yummy Chocolate Truffles to Satisfy Any Craving ... 1422
- Wine Lovers: Get Your Hands on Some Delicious Wine Ice Cream! ... 983
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth with Fun, Festive Candy Cane Recipes ... 97