Calorie counting isn’t just about losing weight.
All food has calories so if you can make those calories work harder then why not?
If you eat a sensible number of calories, you can still improve your nutrition by being choosy about what goes on your plate.
Simply, some foods are more nutritious than others, whatever their caloric value.
These are the most nutrient-dense foods that should be appearing on your menus.
Kale is the king among the green nutrient-dense foods.
Brimming with minerals and vitamins, antioxidants and fiber, not to mention various bioactive compounds, kale is super healthy.
A 100 gram portion of kale contains only 50 calories but boasts
• 2 grams of fiber
• 3 grams of protein
• 1000% of the RDA for Vitamin K1
• 200% of the RDA for Vitamin C
• 300% of the RDA for Vitamin A (derived from beta-carotene)
In addition, this versatile green stuff has large amounts of potassium, calcium, copper, magnesium, manganese and Vitamin B6.
And its bioactive compounds include Isothiocyanates and Indole-3-Carbinol, which has been proven to help in the fight against cancer in both test tube and animal studies.
So, what's not to like about kale?
- 28 Mouthwatering 💦 Weekend Brunch Recipes 🍳🍕🍉 You Just Can't Resist ...
- 9 Foods with Proven Medicinal Benefits to Always Put in Your Grocery Cart ...
- 33 Foods That Should Always Be on Your Grocery List ...
- Improve Your Health with These Nutrient Dense Foods ...
- Add These 7 Foods to Your Grocery List This Week ...
- 7 Foods🍍🍐🍊🧀 All Healthy Girls Are Eating Every Single Day ...