So you want to lose some weight and have decided to try low calorie smoothies to enhance your new diet.
Good for you!
There are so many tasty options and creative, low calorie ways to get in plenty of nutrition, while still being able to drink something that tastes like dessert.
I adore smoothies, but it can be easy to add too many calorie dense foods like nut butters, oats, chocolate chips, too much fruit, sugary mixes, poor quality protein powders or full fat and high sugar yogurt.
Sure, all that tastes great, but if you drink one to two of those a day or even one a day, and you might actually put on some weight, not lose it.
Smoothies should be light and filling at the same time, which is totally possible with these low calorie smoothies.
Try one each day and even swap out ingredients between them if you want some variety and creativity.
1. The Awesome Almond
This is one of the best low calorie smoothies I've ever had, girls!
This smoothie is rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium, and it helps to lower your blood sugar as well.
It also tastes like a dream!
1 small frozen banana, sliced
3/4 cup kale, lightly packed, stems removed
3/4 cup almond milk
raw almond butter
1/8 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger
Optional: Add 1/2 cup iced coffee for an extra dose of antioxidants.
Serves 1 for 233 calories
- 9 Healthy Vegan Smoothie Recipes That Can Replace Full Meals ...
- Love Smoothies? How to Make Sure the Calorie Count Stays Low ...
- 7 Favorite Smoothies of Celebrity Doctors That You Should Try Too ...
- What Your Food Cravings 🍰🍟🍉 Say about You ...
- 10 Deliciously Easy Smoothie Recipes Using Greek Yogurt ...
- Our 4️⃣8️⃣Fave‼️ Pinterest Skinny Recipes for Girls Looking to Eat Healthy 🍉🍋 ...