Are you a Nutella addict just like the rest of us that can't get enough recipes using Nutella? Well don't worry because Nutella is such a delicious ingredient that there are new recipes coming out using it all the time! I've compiled a list of my favorites that I've come across because they are just too delicious to keep to myself! So read on to learn 7 Delicious Recipes Using Nutella to add to your recipe book!
1. Nutella & Banana Stuffed French Toast
What better way to start your morning than with this first item on our list of delicious recipes using Nutella! Nutella is usually a common ingredient for stuffing crepes with, but what about French toast? Add some bananas and powdered sugar and you have a breakfast that your family will love you for. They also make a great brunch menu item!
1 egg, beaten
1 tbs milk, 1/2 & 1/2 or water
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
4 slices of bread (French or Italian is best, but regular sandwich bread like I used here works too)
1 large banana
Maple Syrup (VT is best of course)
1 tbsp butter
• In a bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, nutmeg & milk (or whichever liquid you prefer).
• Spread the Nutella on one side of each piece of bread (all 4 pieces).
• Peel and slice the banana, about 1/4" thick and distribute them evenly onto two of the pieces of bread.
• Take the other 2 pieces (the 2 without the banana) and place on top (you will have to sandwiches stuffed with the Nutella & bananas).
• Heat the butter in a large skillet on medium heat until melted.
• Place each "sandwich" into the egg mixture and make sure it's evenly coated before turning it over and doing the same thing on the other side.
• Place into hot skillet and cook on each side until it's a nice deep golden brown.
• Remove from heat and serve hot with maple syrup (since the Nutella & banana are sweet, just a little drizzle of syrup was enough for us).
2. Nutella Pop Tarts
Maybe you need a Nutella breakfast recipe but don't have the time to sit and eat it. Well then make these Nutella Pop Tarts instead! It doesn't need many ingredients and is super easy to make! You could even make a bunch during the weekend to freeze and grab with you on your way to work. Just let the pop tart defrost a bit and stick it in the toaster. It's the perfect breakfast food on the go that will cost you a lot less and have less preservatives too!
2 refrigerated pie crusts
1 cup Nutella
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon water
• Preheat oven to 350.
• Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out 1 pie-dough portion to about 1/8-inch thickness.
• Repeat with the second pie-dough.
• Cut out 6 to 8 rectangles (around 2-inches wide by 3-inches tall) from each pie crust.*You can reroll the dough-scraps into 1 or 2 more tarts.
• Transfer the rectangles to a baking sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper; leave 2 inches of space in between.
• Spread a heaping tablespoon of Nutella on half of the rectangles.
• Using a fork, lightly prick a couple of holes on the rest of the rectangles.
• Place the pricked rectangles on top of the Nutella.
• Crimp the edges of the tarts with a fork.
• Whisk the egg yolk and water in a small bowl; brush each pop tart with the egg wash.
• Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top of each pop tart.
• Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
• Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
3. Nutella-Stuffed Funfetti Cookies
I didn't think that funfetti cookies could get any better, but I was wrong! These super simple and easy cookies only require 5 ingredients! They are the perfect treat for any party you may be throwing or just a sinfully sweet treat for the Nutella lover.
1 box of Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix
Scant ⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Approximately ½ cup Nutella (about 1 teaspoon per cookie)
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
• Using a small cookie scoop, scoop teaspoon size balls of Nutella onto cookie sheet. Freeze for about 20 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
•In a medium bowl, mix together the Funfetti mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until combined.
• Take a walnut sized ball of dough and place a frozen Nutella ball into the center.
• Roll the dough ball in your hands until it is smooth and no Nutella is exposed.
• Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
• Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on cookie sheet – they will look too soft at first, but do not overbake!
4. Nutella Cheesecake Bars
The name of this recipe alone makes me salivate! I mean, what’s not to love about this recipe? It includes Oreo crust, cheesecake, and Nutella! Plus they are super easy to make as the food processor does most of the work for you. So do yourself a favor and make these little heavenly bars or be the top bake sale contender by bringing these bad boys!
2 cups Oreo crumbs
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
1/3 cup Nutella
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter an 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper, making sure that the parchment is well pressed in the corners. Set aside.
• In a food processor, pulse Oreos until they become crumbs. Add in melted butter and pulse until moistened. Press Oreo mixture evenly into the bottom of your baking dish. Bake crust until set, about 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
• Clean out the food processor. Add cream cheese, eggs, sugar, ¼ cup heavy cream, and vanilla. Pulse until smooth. Put 2/3 of the cream cheese mixture in a bowl and set aside. Add Nutella and 1 tablespoon of heavy cream to the remaining 1/3 cream cheese mixture in the processor. Pulse until smooth.
• To assemble, spread the plain cheesecake mixture over the cooled Oreo crust, being careful of the crust. Then pour the Nutella cheesecake layer on top of the plain cheesecake layer and spread evenly. Bake on the center rack of the oven for about 35 minutes, or until the center jiggles slightly. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
• When ready to serve, lift the bars out of the pan by lifting up the parchment paper (it should release easily). Cut into 16 squares and serve.
5. Banana Nutella Eggrolls
Yes, you read the title right, banana Nutella EGGROLLS! These are great for if you've been on an Asian kick lately and need to find reasons to use up your leftover egg roll wrappers. You and your kids will both love this little treat and it is definitely a super original one to make for friends! From now on, you should just assume that anything involving Nutella and bananas is going to be amazing.
Egg Roll Wraps
3 large bananas
• Place enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet and heat on medium-high heat. Lay the egg roll wrap on a flat surface and spread a thin layer of Nutella on it, leaving about a 1/2" edge all the way around with no Nutella.
• Cut the banana in half and place in the center of the wrap. Fold the two ends up, then fold one side of the wrap up and over, then do the same on the other side. (You all know what an egg roll is supposed to look like right? It's kinda hard to explain!)
• Dip your finger in some water then press the edge closed until it's sealed. Repeat process until your bananas are gone - 3 large bananas makes 6 rolls.
• Place rolls into the hot oil, and fry on all sides until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Best served warm, but really they are good cold too!
6. Hot Baked Nutella & Cream Cheese Sandwich
Talk about heaven on two slices of bread! I have no idea why I haven't tried Nutella and cream cheese together before! It's like a heavenly dessert grilled cheese sandwich. Serve with some fresh berries on the side and you have the perfect sandwich dessert that you won't be able to get enough of!
8 slices soft yet crusty Italian bread
4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 4 cubes and softened
4 to 6 tablespoons Nutella
Melted chocolate, to garnish
Fresh berries, to serve
• Heat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat. When the oven is hot, lay each slice of bread on the baking sheet and put in the oven. Turn the oven to BROIL and toast the bread for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
• Spread a softened cube of cream cheese on the toasted side of four slices of bread, one cube to each. On the other slices, spread a thick layer of Nutella. Sprinkle each slice very lightly with salt.
• Put the sandwiches together and put back in the oven. Broil for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove when both sides of the sandwich are toasted golden brown.
• Cut each sandwich in half and drizzle with melted chocolate. Place on plates and surround with fresh berries. Serve immediately.
7. Easy Nutella Ice Cream
This is probably the simplest ice cream you can make and there's no need for sugar, since Nutella is plenty sweet on its own! All you need is some Nutella, bananas, cocoa powder, and some cream! What you get is the perfect ice cream that's easily scoopable as well as delicious. It's the perfect Nutella treat for a warm summer's day!
1 cup Nutella spread
3 ripe bananas, cut into chunks
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 cups half-and-half cream
• Using a blender or food processor, process the Nutella and bananas until smooth and thick. Sift in the cocoa, and process again to blend. Lastly, add the cream and process until completely blended and smooth.
• Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
• Pour the chilled mixture to an ice cream maker, and process according to manufacturer’s directions. • Once the ice cream is mostly frozen and has a consistency similar to soft-serve, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours to harden up.
There is no recipe that can really be bad when it involves Nutella! Its chocolaty, hazelnut deliciousness can make any dessert or breakfast amazing. Do you have a favorite recipe that involves Nutella? Then share it!