Asparagus recipes are perfect for spring because that’s the height of its season.
However, you can typically find asparagus year round, depending on where you live and the grocery store you shop at.
It’ll cost more in the off season, but it still tastes great.
If you’re willing to shell out a few extra bucks, these asparagus recipes are sure to please.
1. Zesty Marinated Asparagus
I totally wish I would have discovered this technique sooner.
This is one of the best asparagus recipes you'll every try.
It’s super delicious and makes for a yummy side dish that you’ll want to serve with everything.
It tastes especially great with a thick, juicy steak.
2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 ½-inch pieces
1 ½ cups balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
Blanch the asparagus for about 1 minute, then plunge into ice water to cool.
Drain the asparagus and put into a large zip top plastic bag.
Add the vinaigrette and seal.
Refrigerate the asparagus in the marinade for at least 3 hours, turning the bag every so often.
Drain the asparagus, but reserve the marinade.
Place the asparagus on a serving plate and sprinkle with lemon zest, parsley, salt and pepper.
Serve with reserved marinade.
- 7 Surprising Yogurt Recipes That You'll Love ...
- 9 Recipes with Ramen Noodles That You'll Be Raving about ...
- 9 Fantastic and Delicious Ways to Use Asparagus ...
- 7 Delicious Asparagus Recipes...
- Healthiest Desserts 🍨 Made from Cooked Fruits 🍉🍊🍌 for People on a Diet ...
- 7 Delish Water Recipes for Girls Who Always Forget to Drink Their Water ...