A salad is a great choice if you’re trying to get healthy and cut calories.
Salads are usually loaded with lots of vegetables, but that doesn’t mean they’re your only choice when you make one.
If you don’t want to be tied down to the same old lettuce and tomato, try one of these unconventional salads and you’ll look at them in a whole new light.
1. Mango and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
You are going to love how the flavors in this salad come together to create something that is like nothing you’ve ever tasted before.
It’s easy to toss together and could become your new favorite lunch and dinner.
1 cup quinoa
¾ cup chicken broth
1 diced mango
1 chopped red bell pepper
6 sliced green onions
½ cup cilantro
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 package baby greens
Cook the quinoa in the chicken broth until soft, about 15 minutes.
Whisk together the red wine vinegar and the olive oil.
Cool the quinoa and combine with the rest of the ingredients, except the greens.
Top with the dressing and serve on top of the mixed greens.
- 7 Awesome Salad Recipes for Those Who Are Trying to Lose Weight ...
- Giant Salad Recipes for Girls Who Are Really Hungry 🍅🌽🍄 ...
- 7 Potato Salad Recipes to Try Right Away ...
- 30 Delish Recipes 🗒for People Who Want to Eat More Chickpeas ✌🏼️🍴 ...
- 9 Sumptuous Summer Salad Recipes to Try Right Away ...
- These Healthy Foods 🍒🌽🍏 Will Fight Your Belly Bloat 😖 ...