3. Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti & Meatballs
Are you trying to give up carbs but can't get over giving up your favorite classic, spaghetti and meatballs?
Well just substitute spaghetti squash instead!
Some people (including myself) even swear that they enjoy spaghetti squash over normal pasta!
It's a great way to still enjoy the foods you love without feeling the guilt afterwards.
1 large spaghetti squash, baked
1 jar spaghetti sauce of choice
1 1/2 lbs.
lean ground turkey meat
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 whole eggs or 4 egg whites
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Bake your squash as you see fit for approximately 1 hour, or until it’s soft and easily pierced with a fork.
Once the squash is baked and soft, pull it out of the oven and allow to cool until you can touch it without getting burned.
If you haven’t already, cut it in half.
Using a fork, remove the squash from the shell by scraping it from the top of the sides to the center.
This will achieve the “spaghetti-like” stings the squash in named for.
Mix all the turkey meat ingredients together in a bowl, form into meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.
Mix with your squash and sauce, top with a little parmesan and serve.
- 7 Sensational Squash Recipes That You Just Have to Make This Year ...
- 26 Marvelous Ideas for Squash That Taste Ultra Delicious ...
- 7 Secrets 🙊 to Keeping Healthy Food 🍎🌽🍊 Fresher Longer for Girls Not Wanting to Shop Daily 📆 ...
- 9 Healthy Alternatives to Spaghetti to Try ...
- 7 Spaghetti Squash Recipes to Make Your Mouth Water ...
- 2️⃣2️⃣ Deliciously Healthy 🍎🍉🍒 and Budget-Friendly 💰💵 Meals 🍴 for Students ...