Do you make the same stuffing recipes for Thanksgiving and Christmas (and even Easter) every year? Maybe I can tempt you into making a change. But don't get me wrong. I adore traditional stuffing but it's always good to try something new. And in our family we like to have a few different stuffings to choose from - some cooked in the bird and some separately. Ready to pimp up your holiday table with some special stuffing recipes?
1. Cranberry-Apple Corn Bread Stuffing
Source: Cranberry-Apple Corn Bread Stuffing
Most traditional stuffing recipes are based on bread but that doesn't mean they have to remain traditional. Give your stuffing a sweet and savory flavor with cranberry and apple.
2. Sourdough Stuffing with Mushrooms, Apples, and Sage
Source: Sourdough Stuffing Recipe | Vegetarian ...
Changing the type of bread gives an exciting new base for stuffing.
3. Herbed Chestnut Bread Stuffing
Source: Herbed Chestnut Bread Stuffing
Infused with leeks, rosemary and sage, this chestnut stuffing is certainly an indulgence.
4. Sausage, Sage and Water Chestnut Stuffing
Source: This Grand Adventure: Chelsa-Bea: Sage ...
I'm going to persuade my mother to make this one this year. I adore the sweet mega crunch of water chestnuts.
5. Chestnut and Apple Stuffing Recipe
Source: Chestnut and Apple Stuffing Recipe ...
Chestnuts and apples are two lovely fall ingredients that work so well together.
6. Gluten-Free Cornbread Stuffing with Chestnuts, Leeks, and Chanterelles
Source: The Bojon Gourmet: Gluten-Free Cornbread ...
Gluten-intolerants deserve to be treated to special stuffing recipes too.
7. Challah, Sausage and Dried Cherry Stuffing
Source: Challah, Sausage, and Dried Cherry ...
Sounds exotic and tastes delicious.
8. Sourdough Stuffing with Roasted Chestnuts
Source: 25 Healthy Recipes for a ...
This is packed with lovely and nutritious goodies, You wouldn't imagine a stuffing could taste so good ... and healthy.
9. Chestnut and Mushroom Stuffing
Source: Chestnut and Mushroom Stuffing recipe
Make this with chestnut (brown) mushrooms if you can get them. They have a earthier taste than buttons and pair brilliantly with the chestnuts.
10. Chestnut Stuffing with Fennel
Source: Chestnut Stuffing with Fennel Recipe ...
Fennel has a really interesting taste that uplifts a stuffing.
11. Corn Bread Stuffing with Country Sausage
Source: Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes and Dressings ...
Poblano chilies are a surprise ingredient.
12. Wild Rice Dressing with Roasted Chestnuts and Cranberries
Source: Wild Rice Dressing with Roasted ...
This is so good you could serve it as the vegan main course.
13. Chestnut Stuffing with Leeks and Apples
Source: 25 Delicious Stuffing Recipes For ...
Leeks have a softer, less astringent taste than onions if you want a mild stuffing.
14. Apple, Sage and Chestnut Stuffing
Source: Enjoy Thanksgiving While Keeping Cholesterol ...
Special stuffing recipes can still have an air of the traditional.
15. Two-Way Stuffing with Mushrooms and Bacon
Wondering why it's called two-way? That's because it works perfectly well as a stuffing or a dressing.
16. Wild Rice and Mushroom Stuffing
Source: Wild Rice & Mushroom Stuffing
This stuffing will satisfy vegetarians and carnivores alike.
17. Stuffing with Rosemary and Lemon
Source: Mushroom and Walnut Stuffing Recipe ...
Stuffing with a citrus zing.
18. Quinoa Stuffing
Source: Quinoa Stuffing with Apple, Sweet ...
Nutritious and delicious.
19. Wild Mushroom, Leek and Hazelnut Stuffing
Source: Wild Mushroom, Leek, and Filbert ...
My favorite stuffings are those that have a bit of bite to them - ones that contain something crunchy like chestnuts or nuts.
20. Pear, Prosciutto and Hazelnut Stuffing
Source: Pear, Prosciutto & Hazelnut Stuffing
Crisping the prosciutto and toasting the nuts add a powerful punch of flavor to the stuffing.
21. Wild Mushroom Stuffing
Source: Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes With Fresh ...
If you're into foraging, collect your own wild mushrooms to make a special stuffing.
22. Rosemary Whole Wheat Stuffing with Figs and Hazelnuts
Source: 25 Delicious Stuffing Recipes For ...
Sounds quite healthy, doesn't it?
23. Dried Apricot, Shallot and Hazelnut Stuffing
Source: Dried Apricot, Shallot and Hazelnut ...
Sweet and nutty might be your choice.
24. Sausage and Sage Stuffing with Dried Cranberries and Toasted Hazelnuts
Source: Sausage and Sage Stuffing with ...
This is savory, nutty and tart.
25. Corn Bread Stuffing with Apples, Bacon and Pecans
Source: Corn Bread Stuffing with Apples, ...
You don't have to reserve the pecans for the dessert pie, you know.
26. Pancetta Apple Stuffing Muffins
Source: Cornbread Stuffing Muffins with Apple ...
What a charming way to portion up your stuffing. Sounds like a delicious combination of ingredients too.
27. Sausage, Pear and Sage Stuffing
Source: Sausage, Pear and Sage Stuffing
Lots of stuffing recipes contain apple. Let's try pear for a change.
28. Caramelized Onion and Sausage Stuffing
Source: PaleOMG – Paleo Recipes – ...
Caramelizing the onions adds more sweetness to any recipe.
29. New Orleans Oyster Dressing
Source: New Orleans Oyster Dressing
If you want something very different, this could be it.
30. Corn Bread Chorizo Stuffing
A nice break from traditional stuffing with smoky and spicy chorizo.
Do you have a family stuffing recipe handed down or are you going to start a new trend these upcoming holidays?